Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 48 - Halloween Preparations

As you may have already expected, the Americans have a very good knack of making the most out of celebrations. For example, coming up at the end of this month, Halloween will be upon us. And boy are you reminded about it!  Halloween fancy dress shops having been popping up around the Upper East Side, bars have skeletons dressed up in black and restaurants have giant pumpkins outside the front of them!

The one that I have posted particularly took my eye, due to the fact that the restaurant owner was clearly proud of its size. I thought it appropriate to play the tourist role in spectacular fashion by taking its picture. The restaurant owner then went on to pat the pumpkin as if it was one of his children that had just done well at school!

Unrelated in anyway to Halloween but still equally significant is my new mug. I like to represent, even when I am drinking my green tea with pomegranate.

No comments:

Post a Comment