Saturday 13 October 2012

Day 56 - Guggenheim

Please bare with me on this post. Today I ventured into a world that I know very little about, so I would advise not to read too much into my descriptions regarding the two and a half hours I spent looking round the Guggenheim. It was a true education into the world of Picasso and his focus on Black and White.

It was fascinating to listen how he changed, adapted and reverted his styles throughout his many years as a pioneering artist. As I strolled up the the rising helter skelter of the Guggenheim, I was introduced to Picasso's blue and rose periods, cubism, figurative paintings and surrealism. Words which I never knew the meanings of until today. It became clear to me that these were his memoirs. His blog if you will. He had the ability to depict his sightings, feelings and beliefs with such accuracy.

In homage to Pablo, I have edited my photos in Black and White. For obvious reasons I could not take pictures of the work, so I focused on the unique structure that enclosed his workings.

No comments:

Post a Comment