Sunday 7 April 2013

Day 221 - Royalty comes first

Before I had chance to settle, Mum, the sprogs and I, drove straight to Teeside to see the G'rents. With only a few days back, seeing the elderly statesmen and women was a must.

I started with my ONE HUNDRED AND ONE YEAR OLD NANA, as I will not be in the UK for her ONE HUNDRED AND SECOND BIRTHDAY in June. Fantastic innings!

Next was a tea and sultana cookie session with Grandma Lee. A few years ago, Grandma Lee introduced me to Ringtons Sultana Cookies and from then on, my association with visiting Grandma's house and chowing down on Ringtons finest, has been a strong one. I ensured that I was fully replenished after an eight month hiatus and updated Grandma on all my happenings.

My final visit, was to Grandma and Grandad Allen's. Grandma had prepared a chilli which could undoubtedly annihilate any of the Chilli's that I have had out in the US. Experience and quality, definitely beats quantity when it comes to a good Chilli. G'ma and G'dad have this in abundance. I was also able to witness my dear sister have her hair beautifully brushed by Grandma. Unfortunately, Harriet's hair didn't want to be brushed and Grandma not being one to fold to the word 'Oww',  powered on through H's mane.


No comments:

Post a Comment