Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 287 - Philly

Big bucket list tick off for me today! I went to the home of one of my favourite fictional sport stars, Philadelphia.

Driving on down early morning, the first stop was Liberty Bell. It was slightly humorous that this 'British' built bell had a huge crack down the middle of it. The Brits should have definitely outsourced its build!

Next stop was Jim's Steaks for a Philly Cheesesteak. Hesitant at first, I embraced the grease riddled bun and slept off the calories in a random park for a few hours.

After our Cheesesteak nap, we headed over to the Philadelphia Met Museum for the Rocky step experience. Having watched the Rocky films many, many times, I felt extremely privileged to pound the same steps that Balboa had done all those years ago.

As the heat was a belting 34c, we headed back to the hotel to embrace the outdoor pool. It's fair to say, this has been an awesome Saturday!







No comments:

Post a Comment