Wednesday 3 July 2013

Day 316 - Brooklyn Bridge Romance

The dreaded final day has come. Getting up early we headed straight into New York, via the fleet of LGBT flagged boats. I completely forgot that this weekend was Gay Pride. It certainly made for some interesting viewings.

We were heading to Brooklyn Bridge via Little Italy and China Town. Would you believe that it was the first time that I had actually ventured down Mulberry Street. I had been here 316 days and had not been to Little Italy. Travesty!

When we arrived on Brooklyn Bridge, we walked over to the archways to lock on our padlock. It is not a unique idea but it is kind of romantic I guess. Hopefully it will stay up there for my last fifty days here in New York at least.

After our trip into New York we had to head straight over to JFK. No matter how many times we do this it never gets easier. Thank you so much for an amazing time Janie! I will be home soon :) xxx














No comments:

Post a Comment