Wednesday 5 September 2012

Day 17 - Two Orientations & Chicken Pot Pie

I had two orientations today that differed vastly. In the first, I walked out more confused than I went in! This was entirely due to the section on the US health care system and medical insurance. I have never had more appreciation for the NHS!

The second was much more exciting! It was a break down of my MBA studies and what I can expect in the sixteen months that I am here. I was introduced to the apartment that I will be calling home for four months in Thailand as well. Please prepare yourself for a bit of shameless gloating... it comes with a roof top pool! 

Afterwards, we were treated to drinks in a very plush wine bar near Grand Central. The conversation changed to extra curricular events and whether I was going to partake in any (non-alcoholic versions let me just add). I had a slight hesitation that I might just be giving myself a little too much to do if I take them on. However, this thought was blown to absolute smithereens by a quote that will now stick with me throughout the entirety of my time here;

"When you don't think you have time in New York to do everything. You make the time to do everything."

As with most things, if you really want it. You will find a way to get it. For example, I really wanted Chicken Pot Pie. In Times Square. In a restaurant named after my brother (Jack's). So I found Chicken Pot Pie. In Times Square. At a restaurant named after my brother. And it was so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment