Wednesday 28 November 2012

Day 102 - Christmas Tree Lights @ The Rockefeller Centre

I went to see the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Plaza have its lights switched on tonight. In my head it sounded like an awesome idea! I'd get in the festive mood, see a world famous event and watch a few global pop stars live, for free.

In reality though, my three hour wait, in two degree weather, on my own, unfortunately made it less than satisfying. It certainly was a YODO (You Only Do Once) moment rather than a YOLO (You Only Live Once) moment! It became clear that this wasn't going to be my evening for a decent picture, when a garbage truck pulled up right in front of the promenade that looks directly at the tree! Fantastic.

However, so I don't sound completely like a scrooge, I did really enjoy seeing Kermit, Mariah Carey and Rod Stewart perform. My ratings of the evening are below;

Christmas Tree Countdown and Switch on: 10/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Mariah Carey's Miming: -3/10
Rod Stewart's ability to hit on his saxophone player while still singing: 10/10
Overall: 10/10 (I am in NY after all, so I can't complain too much).







My entry for photo of the year award.

No comments:

Post a Comment