Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 80 - US Election

I have witnessed my first US election tonight and can truly admit that I really enjoyed it! After work, I made my way over to the Rockefeller Centre to take in the atmosphere at Democracy Plaza which helped build up the excitement.

They certainly know how to add a 'level of suspense' to the event by strapping carts with the names of the two candidates and what I would class as old school cricket score cards to the Rockefeller building!

Although, it is well past my bed time, I don't think that I will witness such an event in the same fashion again, so I am staying up for it. As I write, Obama has won and it has been plastered all over the various media outlets. HOWEVER, the Republicans as of yet have not totally admitted defeat and are hanging on to the last few results from the various states that remain. 

Congratulations Barry!





No comments:

Post a Comment