Sunday 18 November 2012

Day 91 - Eataly

Weird comment coming here, so brace your 'raised eyebrow, scrunched up face' look.

I miss Tesco! I mean the supermarkets over here are a very frustrating experience. There doesn't seem to be any order or logic as to where items are placed and the most distressing part is that there are far too many choices of peanut butter!

However, this was until I came across Eataly. Just over the road from Madison Square Park, it is an all encompassing, indoor, italian market. They sell an awe inspiring range of delectable good and fancies. We're talking freshly made, in front of your very own eyes pasta, the leanest of meats and fishes and not too mention an endless supply of terribly good looking pastries. This is a definite must for anyone coming to NY.

One downfall is that I am not sure the Mountbatten stipend can cope with a weekly Eataly shop! Thus meaning that I am going to have to put my shoulder pads and gum shield in and head back on down to Associated (the local supermarket).

I will be the first to admit that these pictures are probably my worst so far, as they don't really show Eataly off in all its glory. This may have something to do with my regular lunge towards a counter top to grab the many freebies on offer.


1 comment:

  1. Right - we are going there next month, I don't care about anywhere else!!

    ReplyDelete