Sunday 11 November 2012

Day 83 - Dancing with 93 year old's in a tuxedo

I was invited to the 117th Annual Dinner Dance for The British Schools and Universities Club of New York at 3 West Club tonight. It was a black tie event and I did not really know what to expect. As I made the most of the open bar and mingled with what seemed like the cast of Downton Abbey I began to relax a bit.

We were truly spoilt the whole night. Thick rump steak, lashing's of wine and candy at multiple intervals. To be honest though, I think the candy was just left over from Hallowe'en! At each table there was one chair that had a penny tapped under the seat pillow. Whoever was sat at this chair was awarded the table flowers. Nice touch.

The dancing was a challenge to say the least. Although, I like to class myself as a Justin Timberlake mirror image, I unfortunately do not have the waltz in my portfolio. Not to worry though, my 93 year old dance partner was more than willing to show me the steps. Very impressive!






1 comment: