Friday 1 February 2013

Day 167 - Climb to the Top


For the last five years, the Rockefeller Centre has opened its stairway to those who dare run up it as fast as they can, all in aid of the MS Society. I have chosen to Climb to the Top of the Rockefeller Centre, simply because I can. Having MS takes this choice away from you. Multiple Sclerosis will make the decision whether you can walk, never mind run.

Someone that is very close to me was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis a few years ago. When this opportunity arose, my only answer was to say yes. I want to do something for the people who have been diagnosed and prevent more people from learning what it is like to have MS.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society will use the funds collected from Climb to the Top, to not only support research for a cure, but also to provide programs which address the needs of people living with MS today. Because I have chosen to climb for those who sometimes can't and because of the people who choose to donate to Climb to the Top, the MS Society are getting closer to the hour when no one will have to hear the words, "You have MS."

Your generous donations will go a long way in the prevention, cure and treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. You can donate safely and securely at my donation page;

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/alexlee

I have summarized a few facts about the event and what I hope to achieve below;

    Event Date: March 3rd 2013
    Fundraising Target: $660
    Days to event: 29
    No of Stairs: 1,215
    No of flights of stairs: 66
    Fastest Time: 8 minutes
    Target Time: 15 minutes
    Target number of stairs per minute: 81

What stands in my way. Easy!
No elevator this time!
Rhys and I in 2010, at the finish line of our John O' Groats to Lands End bike ride, for the MS Society.
The Legend and The Apprentice.

No comments:

Post a Comment