Thursday 31 January 2013

Day 166 - The Late Show with David Letterman

A few weeks back, I entered into the ballot for tickets to The Late Show with David Letterman. I received a call and got into see tonight's show! For free!

It was amazing. I saw Kevin Spacey, Emile Sande and an American comedian, who had a similar act to that of Jack Dee. To be honest though, the guests were only part of it. The whole experience is so over the top and cheesy, that you can not help but have a lot of fun. This starts with the unbelievable energy of the David Letterman pages', who are there to usher you in and take care of none of your needs. Not that I had any to be honest. Although, being told that you are not allowed to go to the bathroom, unless for an emergency, put my bladder under pressures that it did not need after drinking a large coffee. Also being told to laugh at every joke, is really hard. Some of them were truly awful. The threat of being kicked out by an adolescent page, who is trying to get up there in the world of television was just too much for me. So I went for it and found myself competing with my neighbour for the loudest fake laugh. He won. Mine was typically British. Reserved.

Seriously though, to anyone that is planning a trip to New York in the future, you should seriously look at organising tickets for this if you can. It was a great experience to get an insight into the world of American television. Plus you will more than likely get to see a huge name and fake laugh until your cheek bones crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment