Sunday 20 January 2013

Day 153 - Squash, PB&J, Criminal Courts and Laughing.

I think this is the most I have done in an afternoon/evening since I have been here.

After meeting Rhys and Alice at Grand Central, we stood and watched some 'World Class Squash' in the foyer. I can't say I am a massive squash fan but when it is being played within the entrance hall of Grand Central, it's miraculous how your tastes change.
Following the squash, we felt a bit peckish so decided to go for a quick snack at the Peanut Butter and Co, sandwich shop on 240 Sullivan Street. I went for the classic staple of a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich - PB&J. Toasted! It wasn't even that unhealthy either as I got two and a half carrot sticks...


Adding a bit of spontaneity to the afternoons proceedings, we stepped foot into NYC's criminal courts. I may just add that it was not because of any acts of misdemeanour on our behalf, but because it was in my '1001 Best Things To Do In New York' Book. Judge Judy it was not!

We finished our day off with a comedy club. My first visit to such an establishment, since I have been here actually. The one we ventured into was called The Comedy Strip Live on 82nd and 2nd. CSL has hosted such legends as Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld. Bar the obscenely expensive, compulsory buy drinks and the dire service to match, the acts were pretty hilarious. If my wage dramatically increases, I would definitely go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment