Sunday 13 January 2013

Day 148 - Post-Exam Celebration

I had my first exam today. Unfortunately, it was at 10am, lasted three hours and was on a Sunday. Fortunately, I had an afternoon of sites and attractions with my latest V.I.T (Very Important Tourists) to look forward to. And there were some serious sites around New York today!

Today was the official New York 'No Pants Subway Ride'. This made it a surprise when we were seeing bared legs, of all shaped and sizes flaunted around the carriages. It was as if, it was not normal to be wearing pants.

Following the Sunday afternoon, semi-nudity, we rode the subway downtown, to Chelsea Piers and walked along the High Line. The High Line is a public park along an old freight line, that has been renovated as a beautiful promenade. As we strolled along, it was hard not to notice the amazing street art. I'm looking forward to doing that when it is a bit warmer.

To finish off the day, I took Rhys and Alice to Ryan's Daughter, to shoot some hoops and drink a few pints of the black stuff. As long as the exam went ok, I would say it was a successful day. Fingers crossed!













No comments:

Post a Comment