Tuesday 1 January 2013

Day 129 - Christmas Day (at the Waldorf Astoria)

I had a feeling that today was going to be out of the norm to my usual of opening presents on Christmas morning, eating a turkey dinner and falling asleep after the Queen's speech.

I predicted right!

After watching my family eat their Christmas dinner over Skype, I dragged myself out of bed around 11 and ironed my shirt for dinner. This out of the ordinary decision was because I was using the power of Y.O.L.O and going to the Waldorf Astoria for Christmas lunch. I thought that although it is extravagant, why the heck not! I might never be in New York on Christmas Day again.

Afterwards we were invited to a Christmas Day after party at the Terrace Club. We were greeted with an open bar and a balcony view that overlooks the Rockefeller Centre Christmas Tree. Enjoying ourselves so much, we extended our after party, to an 'after-after party' at The Gaf on 90th and 1st avenue. This ended up with a second Christmas dinner at 2am, at the Midnight Express 24hr diner.

Definitely the most surreal Christmas I have ever had.

Merry Christmas Everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment