Monday 14 January 2013

Day 149 - Ilili & 230 Fifth

After work today, I met my V.I.Ts for a drink at 230 Fifth Avenue. This is a rooftop bar that has a spectacular view of the Empire State Building and midtown Manhattan. As we were sat outside in NY's 'brisk' January weather, we took full advantage of their bright red fleecy housecoats. Unfortunately I didn't get any snaps of my ridiculous but highly practical dressing gown, so I promise when Alice sends me her pics, I will put them up.

We came here as we were killing time (in style may I add) before we were to meet Alice's godmother and niece, at Ilili (236 5th Av). This is a Lebanese fusion restaurant, that has shown brussel sprouts to me in a new light.

Prior to tonight, I would have a solitary sprout on Christmas Day. No more. No less. In my eyes they are putrid but I always promise my Mum that I will eat one. However, after my sprout experience tonight, I think I am a changed man! It was because these sprouts were grilled, then mixed with grapes, fig jam, walnuts, mint yoghurt and pomegranate. B-E-A-Utiful!

It is however bitter sweet. As, the next time I have sprouts, I will expect nothing less other than the taste sensation that I experienced tonight. I may have to lower my expectations for future sprout encounters.



No comments:

Post a Comment