Sunday 3 March 2013

Day 195 - St David's Day

To celebrate St David's Day, I was invited to the 178th St David's Society of New York, St David's Day Dinner & Dance at the Yale Club. As I was born in Cardiff, I felt it more than appropriate that I celebrate the remembrance day of the patron Saint of Wales, in true New York style.

The guests of honour at the event were Matthew Rhys and Iris Williams. Matthew Rhys has been in the  the american TV drama 'Brothers and Sisters', as Kevin Walker and is currently staring in 'The Americans', as Phillip Jennings. Iris Williams sang to us beautifully, in French, Welsh and English. They were both extremely friendly and certainly more than willing to have photos taken with us all. I even got to have a good chat with Matthew about the Wales vs England that is coming up in a few weeks.

This has certainly been a week for meeting talented people!


Iris Williams
Matthew Rhys

No comments:

Post a Comment