Sunday 17 March 2013

Day 202 - Chop't

The emergence of 'fast casual' restaurants in New York (and undoubtedly elsewhere) is rather refreshing for those calorie conscious consumers. For those who are reading my opening line thinking, "what on earth is fast casual?". Fear not. I am more than willing to copy and paste a segment of Wikipedia's description of the term for you;

"fast casual restaurant is a type of restaurant that does not offer full table service, but promises a higher quality of food and atmosphere than a fast food restaurant." Wikipedia (2013).

The health kick that I started because of my climb to the Top of the Rock, has been continued. Don't get me wrong I still have the odd momentary, chicken wing and burger relapse, it's just that the rest of my meals are fairly clean. This is helped by such establishments as Chop't. Essentially they are a salad bar but with an insane amount of choices. They are also able to prepare your meal quicker than you can blink which helps.

The blur of the picture below, is for once not because of a lack of photography skills but because of the speed that the assembler was chopping my salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment