Sunday 17 March 2013

Day 204 - New Jersey Devils

Talk about right place, right time. 

On the way back to the apartments, from watching England play Italy in the six nations, I was greeted by the doorman to my building. In his hand were two tickets to watch the New Jersey Devils Ice Hockey team. He asked whether any interns would be keen to see the hockey tonight. They undoubtedly would but if I was going to speak on behalf of the intern body, I felt I must ask the all important question, "sure, but how much?". Which he gleefully replied "Free!"

With absolutely no hesitation at all, I politely asked if I could have them. He handed them over and there I found myself with two, free of charge, tickets to see a NHL team. Fantastic result. The game turned out to be a cracker as well. Not only did NJ win but it went to extra time and a shoot out! 





No comments:

Post a Comment