Sunday 17 March 2013

Day 206 - Surprise Bargain

My beloved Michelsberg suit required a clean. It had attended a few events now and was in need of a freshen up.

To give a bit of background to my treasured threads, my Dad had this suit made for my graduation and getting onto the Mountbatten internship. So in short, it means a lot to me and I am taking extra care in getting it serviced.

I was rather uneasy at handing 'The Blue' over to a stranger to manhandle. So I trial ran a few places, with a shirt to see how it came back and funnily enough, the best place so happened to be in my apartment building. They have this fantastic service where you drop, your clothes of with the doorman and within a day they are delivered back to your apartment. What topped it off, was that because this was my first suit to be sent to them, they gave me a 20% discount. The grand total came to $6.80! Very happy, fresh looking boy!

FYI - 'The Blue' is my nickname for the suit. Yes, I am aware that nicknaming your suit is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment