Monday 6 May 2013

Day 251 - NYC on Foot

Mike could have not come to New York at a better time, with regards to the weather. It is not too hot but sunny enough that you can wear sunglasses and a t shirt without looking too much like characters of the television programme "Brits Abroad".

We started the day off with a view from the top of the Rockefeller. Crazy to think that the last time I was up here, I had just ran up its stairs. Time is flying far too quick!

After the Rockefeller, we wandered fairly aimlessly through the streets of midtown, until I brought Mike to Times Square. The novelty factor of Times Square wears of fairly quick after you have been accosted by multiple Smurf' s, Mario's and SpongeBob's.

We continued heading uptown to Central Park and spent almost four hours strolling, catching up, having a sit, wandering a bit more, then having a lie. It is suitable to say that I was a strong shade of lobster by the end of it.

I then treated Bobbo to my favourite New York restaurant, Rathbones. Another wings fan acquired!





"The view is this way buddy!"




No comments:

Post a Comment