Wednesday 8 May 2013

Day 257 - Cipriani

Today I was treated to a luncheon at Cipriani on 42nd Street. This was for the Women's Refugee Commission's 2013 Voices of Courage Awards. I had received the tickets as a thank you for designing an app that they could potentially put into use, to help spread their message. The speakers and honourees were incredible, each superbly telling their inspirational story. A huge amount of respect has to go out to them.

When I walked into Cipriani, I expected a reception desk and then directions to a separate room. I could have not been any more wrong. You walk into a vast medieval style hall and are instantly met by incredibly polite waiters offering you bellini's. After mixing with the fellow guests, you are led into the great hall. Basically if you picture Hogwarts, you will not be too far off. The whole event was superbly put together and did a fantastic job at celebrating the people that the WRC benefits.

I thought the least I could do was post their website link as a little thank you. So, when you get a second have a quick browse to see what a brilliant job this incredibly small team are doing.


http://womensrefugeecommission.org




No comments:

Post a Comment