Wednesday 8 May 2013

Day 258 - North Carolina

As a last minute idea, a group of ten of use decided to fly out to Charlotte today. The original reason was that it was the first team all of us had the same weekend off. The plan is to rent a boat. I'm dubious as to whether that will actually happen but we will see!

Arriving at the airport with plenty of time to spare, we made the most of it by checking out the various water holes. As we were about to board, we hear over the tannoy that they are delaying our flight by two hours.

Although a nuisance at first, I decided to turn Andy and I's frown upside down and began speaking to the customer care desk. By using my English accent to its full capacity, I started speaking with the agent and wangled free drinks passes to make our two hour day "slightly more comfortable".

Bring on the South!



No comments:

Post a Comment