Tuesday 21 May 2013

Day 275 - The Spotted Pig

Tonight my mission was to make Harriet and Greg truly fall in love with New York. I mean it's not exactly a hard challenge but still worthy of a bit of effort.

To start the evening of, we caught the Path to Christopher Street and headed to The Spotted Pig, a gastro-pub in the heart of the West Village (314W 11th Street). I've been meaning to go here since I moved over and thought what better time to go, than when you are with your Sister and her Boyf.

If you walked past it, you would not know off the exquisite delectables that it served inside. Covered in house plants and various pig objects, the cosy nature really added to the fantastic food. Supping on my beer from San Francisco, I chowed into my burger. And what a burger it was. I will stick my neck out there and say it is the best I have had in New York. A big thanks to Nick Cooper, Greg's Dad who treated us to that meal. 

Afterwards, I took them both to the original Magnolia Bakery. Harriet's eyes dazzled! Originally only going in for one cupcake each, we ended up buying six.

Instead of eating them there and then, I decided that we should chow them down on the Harbour, looking out over the Hudson. Harriet then without prompting said, this is why I love New York.

Mission accomplished!












No comments:

Post a Comment