Wednesday 8 May 2013

Day 252 - New York Yankees

After a chilled morning soaking the up rays outside a west village coffee shop, we jumped on the tourist bus and headed uptown. Taking in the sites of the Upper West Side and Harlem we hoped off close to the New York Yankees Stadium. And what a Stadium it is! The Americans seriously know how to display their sports.

Unfortunately, the game was not as impressive as its venue. In fact, I can comfortably say that baseball is not my sport. This is fairly peculiar for me as well, because I will watch any sport. Still, it was a fantastic day and we could wear our baseball caps backwards with absolutely no prejudice.

After the game, we headed back over to New Jersey and walked into Hoboken. I am not that clued up on Hobo, so there was a bit of guess work going on. To help me think, I decided that we head for the Corn Dog stand. Without planning it, I was able to treat Bobbo to another American delicacy. However, as you can see in the picture below Mike wasn't totally enamoured by the cloaked sausage.







No comments:

Post a Comment